The less fat goes into your mouth, the less fat is deposited in your body. The healthiest diet not only has less total fat, but also has more of the right kind of fats. Reducing fat is equal to lose your weight and also it gives attraction to your waist size. You will find best ways to reduce fat from your diet. “A big mistake people make when they are trying to lose weight is that they stop eating. They’ll eat salads once a day and then their body starts trying to protect itself and holds onto the fat.” Curtis Jackson
1. If the recipe includes cream, replace with lower fat fromage frais, natural yoghurt or crème fraiche.
2. Swap whole milk for semi skimmed or skimmed milk.
3. If you are using cheese to flavour a dish or a sauce, opt for a strong tasting cheese and use a smaller amount of it. Alternatively, try a reduced fat version.
4. Swap butter for vegetable oil based spreads or margarine.
5. Use unsaturated oils such as olive, sunflower or rapeseed oils instead of butter, lard or ghee.
6. Wherever possible grill meat and poultry instead of frying it and cut off any visible fat or skin before cooking.
7. Use a non stick pan to avoid adding extra fat when cooking.
8. Add less meat to stews and casseroles and replace with pulses and extra vegetables instead.
9. When making a pie opt for just one crust – either a lid or a base – as pastry is high in saturated fat – (also try to make pastry with vegetable oil based spreads or margarine instead of butter).
10. Grill, bake, poach or steam rather than frying and roasting.
11. Eat the right amount and right kinds of fat.
12. Eat the right kinds of fat.
13. Avoid hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated fats.
14. Emphasize fats from plants rather than animal sources.
15. Use lowfat or nonfat alternatives.
16. Choose leaner cuts of meat and poultry.
17. Use lower fat toppings.
18. Try alternatives to frying.
19. Avoid fat substitutes.
20. Shun fast-food restaurants.